Branch Assistant - Part Time - Centre Branch
Location: Centre Branch of Wicomico Public Libraries, located in the Centre at Salisbury mall, near Boscov’s.
Part time – 20 hours per week includes occasional night and weekend work.
This position requires the ability to work with the public, assist Library visitors with computer and library services, participates in planning and implementing classes, especially for adults, and public information activities.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma, post high school or Bachelor’s Degree is desired. They will demonstrate a desire to serve the community, an ability to multitask, and the capability of working independently as well as part of a team.
This is a part-time position.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to email@example.com. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Library, Attention Personnel, 122 S Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found, however applications received by Feb 10, 2017 will receive first priority. Wicomico Public Libraries - an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: Branch Assistant
FLSA: Part time (20 hours)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Job Summary: Assists Library visitors with computer and library services, participates in planning and implementing classes, and public information activities.
1. Assist with the daily operation of a library as directed by Branch Manager Provides public service at branch; assists members with computer use and library services; enforces library rules and policies.
2. Assists customers with computer, printer, fax and copier use
3. Checks materials in/out and renews library material, registers borrowers and
updates borrower’s records. Handles cash transactions
4. Provides information and registers customers for classes, programs. teaches
computer, and children’s classes
5. Shelves materials and assists with displays
6. May participate in planning classes & activities, preparing publicity materials, and
setting up displays.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must enjoy working with the public, intermediate computer skills (adequate for assisting the public and teaching basic computer and internet use); excellent oral communication skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
Supervisory responsibility, if any: May supervise adult and teen volunteers
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalency required, post-high school or Bachelor’s Degree highly desired.
2. Customer service experience required, Library experience highly desired.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at a branch, may work without a supervisor on site; requires travel between branch and Downtown Library; requires some evening and weekend hours; ability to lift @ 20 pounds (moving monitors and computer equipment)
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.